Last Updated: 1st November 2022
We are LITECARD PTY LTD (ABN 42 649 825 301) (“Litecard”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
and disclose your personal information.
our website at https://litecard.com.au/resources/ and/or, where we deem it appropriate,
communicated to you by email or other means.
All communications, transactions and dealings with us will be subject to the latest version of this Privacy
Policy in force at the time.
3. What is personal information
‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual
who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) Whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Personal information also includes ‘sensitive information’, which is:
(a) Information or an opinion about an individual's:
i) Racial or ethnic origin;
ii) Political opinions;
iii) Membership of a political association;
iv) Religious beliefs or affiliations;
v) philosophical beliefs;
vi) Membership of a professional or trade association;
vii) Membership of a trade union;
viii) Sexual orientation or practices; or
ix) Criminal record.
Personal information also includes:
(a) Health information about an individual;
(b) Genetic information about an individual;
(c) Biometric information that is to be used for the purposes of biometric verification or biometric
(d) Biometric templates.
4. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
– Identifying information such as your name, title, organization name, gender, date of birth or
– Contact information such as your mailing or street address, billing address, email address or
– Information about your profession, occupation or job title;
– Purchase and transaction information, including details about payments to and from you and
other details of services you have purchased. This information may include bank account and
credit card details;
– Information about how you use our services and products;
– Records of our interactions and correspondence with you, whether by submitting of a web form,
telephone, email, text message, social media or otherwise; and
– Customer service information, including your customer service enquiries and comments;
– Information relating to your use of websites, and mobile applications or your interaction with
our online presences, such as pages you visit, webpage interactions, searches you make and
information that is automatically collected from your device, including IP address, device type,
operating system, unique device identification numbers, high level geographic location and
other technical information.
5. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect information in various ways including through the forms you complete online or through our
mobile applications, or when you correspond with us by post, telephone, email, SMS, online instant
messaging services or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
– Visit, access or use our websites, mobile applications or social media pages or click on, view or
interact with our online advertisements;
– Correspond with us or submit a query or request to us;
– Complete an application form or purchase order;
– Request or receive a service or product from us;
– Enquire about our services and/or products;
– Create an account with us;
– Subscribe to our newsletters and marketing materials;
– Request marketing information including in relation to our products and services to be sent to
you, or when you respond to marketing information;
– When you make a payment to us; and
– Give us feedback.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including from:
Your authorized representatives;
– Government or non-government agencies;
– Third-party private or public companies which provide services to you and where those services
use or incorporate our products and services;
– Other sources like marketing lists, public information, credit lists and other commercially
– Our related entities and business partners and service provides; and
– Our clients (only to the extent that those clients provide services and products to you that
require or depend upon our products and services.
6. What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
You may choose not to provide us with the personal information we request. If you do not provide us
with the personal information we ask for, some or all of the following may happen:
– We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you;
– We may not be able to provide you with information about the products or services that you
– We may not be able to respond to your request or complaint; and
– We may not be able to provide our products and services to third party entities that may be
providing products and services to you that incorporate or depend upon our services and
7. For what purposes do we collect, hold, us and disclose your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so that we can provide our products and
services to you and perform our business activities and functions. This includes:
– Keeping our records and your contact details up to date;
– Complying with any law or a court/tribunal order, or co-operating with a regulator, authority or
– Providing you with information and updates about our services and products;
– Registering you as a recipient of our services and products or as an authorized representative of
a recipient of our products and services;
– Processing, managing and delivering our services;
– Managing our relationships with you, including dealing with any complaints or credit or debt
– Administering and protecting our organization, our mobile application, our products, our
services and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance,
support, reporting, hosting of data and network, security and fraud protection activities);
– Improving our website, mobile applications, products or services, marketing, client relationships
and experiences including through analysis and business intelligence techniques;
– Researching, monitoring and evaluation our services so that we can continue to improve the
quality and outcomes of our products and services as well as develop new services;
– Meeting our funding, professional and legal obligations in providing you and others with our
products and services;
– Ensuring the safety and security of our employees and other clients;
– Sending you newsletters, information and updates about our products and services, as well as
the products, services and offerings of third-party entities which you receive products and
services from that incorporate or use our products and services (includes making suggestions
and recommendations to you about our and third-party goods, services, events and offers that
may be of interest to you, unless you have unsubscribed from these types of messages); and
– Any other purposes which you were informed of at the time of collection or to which you have
8. To whom may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties including to:
– Third-parties such as suppliers, agents, contractors and partners who assist us with our business
processes and to provide our products and services, including in relation to:
o IT services;
o Providing, managing, supporting and improving our website, mobile applications,
products, services and organization;
o Identity and fraud protection services;
o Marketing (including direct marketing) and market research services; and
o Business and data analysis and intelligence services;
– Other persons authorized by you or responsible for you;
– Regulators, law enforcement and credit and debt collection services;
– Professional advisers (including lawyers, bankers, auditors, audit assessors and insurers who
provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance or accounting services); and
– Third-parties, including authorities, where we are legally obliged or authorized to disclose your
9. Do we send you direct marketing materials?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services
that we consider may be of interest to you. We may also send you direct marketing communications and
information on behalf of third parties who provide you products and services, and where those products
and services incorporate or use our products and services.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, text message and email.
You can opt-out of receiving these marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us at
email@example.com or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications or our
mobile applications and websites (if applicable).
10. How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to your personal information held by us.
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete, out-dated or
inaccurate, you may request us to correct it.
You may also authorize another person to request to access or correct your information on your behalf
if, for whatever reason, you are unable to do so yourself. This authority must be in writing and a copy
must be provided to us. The authority must name the person you authorize to access your information.
Please make any request to access or correct information to our Privacy Officer in writing at
We aim to respond to requests within a reasonable period, usually within 30 days after we receive the
Occasionally, it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made several
requests. We will let you know and keep you updated if we cannot respond in 30 days.
11. What is the process for making a complaint about privacy?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer
If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time or if you are dissatisfied with the
response that you receive from us, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian
Information Commissioner at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/lodge-a-privacy-
12. Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
If you are located in Australia, we do not disclose your personal information overseas.
If you are located in an overseas country, we may process and store your personal information in
Australia, but will not disclose your personal information overseas from Australia.
13. How do we protect and store your personal information?
We have security measures in place that aim to protect your personal information from misuse,
interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We are headquartered in Victoria and provide our products and services around Australia.
Please see our Security Whitepaper located at https://litecard.com.au/resources/ for further security
14. How long do we keep your personal information?
the purposes which we collected your personal information for, or as otherwise required to be retained
under law or by a court or tribunal.
15. What cookies and other online tracking technologies do we use?
information about how you and others interact with our website and mobile applications.
website traffic and usage patterns, and to improve our website and products and services.
We may record IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet)
to analyze trends, administer our websites and collect demographic information.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings in your browser so that
your computer or mobile does not accept them.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings in your device so that it
does not accept them.
become inaccessible or not function properly.
By accepting cookies, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal information.
16. Third party links
Our website and mobile applications may include links to other websites or applications provided by
others, including those acting on our behalf.
Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third-parties to collect or share data
about you in accordance with their own privacy policies.
You acknowledge that we do not control third-party websites and we are not responsible for their